Friday, February 4, 2011

Algebra: Quiz Monday

Friday's Quiz in Algebra has been moved to Monday 2/7.  The Quiz will include items from 6.1 (what is a solution to a system/ Solving by graphing) 6.2 (solving by substitution) and 6.3 (solving by elimination).  Because Monday is a PLC day it is likely we will use the entire period for the quiz.

I expect all homework collected through Friday to be passed back no later than Tuesday (since we might run out of time to pass stuff back on Monday) and will give all students time to review their work for extra credit reworkings.

I also want to apologize for the "scare" about me being home with a sick kid today (friday).  I had not thought about it but I have been out, often at bad times, with both my own bouts of illness and with Xander's.  It's part of managing a household where when someone gets sick you can't just leave him home with a few DVD's and some microwave-able soup.  There is also a careful balancing act with my wife as to who stays home and who works on a given day because we can't send a sick child to daycare and staying with my parents is not always an option.

I commend my students for their patience on those occasions when being a parent conflicts with being a teacher.  In this case, today, Xander is fever free, but still spending the day with his Nana (my mother) since his fever yesterday kept him out of daycare today (he needs to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning).  I am very lucky to have the kind of relationship with my parents where they are willing to get up at 6:00am to drive over and pick the little guy up for a day with them so my wife and I can both get in to work.


And for those that read all the way down to here:




No comments:

Post a Comment